Sunday, May 9, 2010

Such Inspiration

I so love this photo of David and Larsen, it is a couple of months old and I had done a layout previously with it but was never happy with it, every time I looked at it in my pile of ever growing layouts I HATED it, so I pulled it apart and came up with this, I have used a combo of older products and new....including those fun October Afternoon journalling tags. I have also used a journalling spot from lilredrocket and that chipboard journalling star is from 3tails .


On Saturday I had the greatest pleasure in spending the day with the ever so inspirational heidi Swapp. She is just amazing, full of such positive energy, spark and enthusiasm . She gave this beautiful heartwarming speech at the end of the day as to WHY we scrapbook and it had her and the rest of us in tears. I learnt many great new ideas from her and Wendy the owner from tattered angels so you will be seeing lots more glimmermisting in layouts to come. Thanks to the gorgeous taryn and lovely tracy for making it such a beautiful day.Till next time...

13 comments:

Pearl said...

Awesome you got to spend time with Heidi Swapp & learn more misting techniques ! can't wait to see them in action ! woohoo !

such cute wings you've given Larsen here !!

Chloe said...

Oh wow - lucky you!!!! :-)Can't wait to see some of the new techniques :-)

Belinda said...

What a sweet layout Kim and how lucky are you girls getting to meet THE Heidi Swapp. SO jealous!! LOL B-)

Marcy Smith said...

OMG OMG OMG rubbing shoulders with royalty I am so green you should get to meet the princess of scrap but I my head would explode if you'd met the King! Im sure you know the friend of heidi's to whom I am refering! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it such a great day and awesome to meet you :) I loved Heidi's little speech it was really meaningful I wish I could take shorthand and write everything down she said.
Love the layout and those wings are so cool!

Ann-Marie said...

Very cool to meet Heidi!! That LO totally rocks .. I think it's one of my all time faves of yours now .. untill next time hahaha!!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Kim, so glad you had a good time and got to meet Heidi, how fun!

Love your sweet adorable layout - such a special photo and you amaze me with how you use the different embellishments and shapes TFS!

Marelize said...

Lucky you to meet Heidi! I love this layout Kim! The cute wings and the giraffe... stunning work! :)

Moonie said...

Gorgeous Layout and yes the giraffe is to die for.. soo cute and cheery. Love the photo of you girls and Heidi. Can you email me mine too please.. Would love to post it to my blog mmm xxx
lmwebb@westnet.com.au
Great to catch up over the Saturday with you and Taryn xx See you soon

Pearl said...

Hi Kim

to get off auto mode with your DSLR -
it's highly recommended to read your camera manual . It will make some sense.

Next I can recommend seraching youtube for lots of fun & easy tutorials . especially for that blurred background effect , perhaps :

Here's one to start you off :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxJRF73vwc&feature=related

Taryn said...

Hey Kim. My head is still spinning from Saturday. How awesome was it???? Congrats on all your acceptances lately, Kim. wish you could share them all here, but I guess we'll just have to wait a few months now and see them in print. Talented girl, you xx

Anonymous said...

What awesome pics Kim for you to scrap! You already rocked the misting but I can't wait to see the new stuff you learned!

Unknown said...

Love the choice of colours for this one! (I am trying to move into manual too! Easier said than done!)